General Membership Requirements
- All members of the USS Arizona must be eighteen years of age or older.
- All members are required to be respectful to each other with a no-tolerance policy as it relates to bullying and conduct disruptive to the group.
- All members are considered members of SPC Sims and as such are required to follow all SPC Sims community rules.
- All members must join the SPC Sims Discord server and accept the rules of the community to join.
- All members are required to be part of at least one published post once per calendar month if not actively required for the movement of the story.
- All members are required to respond to all active joint posts with other members once at least every seventy-two hours.
- All members are required to notify the staff should they be unable to fulfill activity requirements. These notifications are known within the group as a Leave of Absence (LOA).
- Crew are encouraged to communicate busy periods or short spurts of leave via Discord to their fellow crew.
- Notification to the staff for an official LOA can occur via discord in #az-loa or directly to a member of the staff.
- LOAs are not requests requiring approval of staff it is just a notification that a member needs to take some time away for coordination of the story.
Writing In Character
- All members are required to be familiar with the use of our database, episode notes, and other information presented by the staff.
- If you have questions, cannot find the information you need in our resources, or are unsure of something staff are available to assist you.
- Continuity of our story is the goal of this rule.
- All characters are subjected to the consequences of their actions in character and some consequences may be directed by staff.
- For the story to be interesting not all evolutions undertaken by the crew should be successful.
- Staff may find it necessary to drive certain responses for progression of the story.
- This is a military based story failure to follow the rules, direct orders, and other policies would rightfully end in consequences being presented to the character.
- As we have fewer writers than crew required to operate a Virginia Class Submarine members will be expected to write NPCs as necessary for the story.
- These NPCs just need to be mentioned as necessary and not necessarily require a character profile or to be listed as part of the manifest. They can also be referred to generally as a rank, a rating, or even just another sailor.
- Department Heads, Division Officers, and other players in supervisory roles are responsible for coordinating writing activities within their areas of responsibility with writers in subordinate character roles and the writing of NPCs as necessary.
- Staff will be available to help in these tasks for department heads, other supervisors, and any other interested member.
- An appropriate location and timeline information (date, time) are required for all posts and should coincide with the general storyline regardless of order published to the website.
- This allows for multiple writers to keep active and not always wait on items holding up our timeline, etc.
- All members are required to follow the appropriate limit on adult content while writing.
Staff/Assistant Game Manager Expectations
- Write actively for the simulation.
- Provide a well rounded picture of your characters that includes both on and off duty writing as an example to other members of how to develop their characters.
- Volunteer to create and write NPCs as needed.
- Engage with the game’s membership out of character both as a support for their writing and socially.
- Provide advice or promote use of the Arizona database and other canon sources to members as needed in reaction to posted content or in response to Discord discussions.
- Keep up with posted content.
- Support episode development by providing feedback and, where appropriate, ideas.
- Take ownership of a project such as the awards system, database article development, recruitment, etc.
- Utilize official USS Arizona email system to conduct all community business.
- Utilize staff Trello system for project tracking and management.
- Fulfill duties as assigned by role.
- The Staff of the Arizona (Game Manger, Assistant Game Managers, and others as noted) have full authority on all matters within our community.
- These rules and policies may be updated at any time and it is the responsibility of the members to be familiar with them. All updates will be announced to the membership when made effective.
- Any character belonging to a member that resigns (regardless of standing) or is removed by the staff shall remain as a Non-Playing Character if significant to the submarine by position or plot until such time their departure from the submarine makes sense in character.
Last updated: 8-AUG-2022