The USS Arizona Wiki is the primary source for canon while writing as part of the Arizona sim. Websites containing real life information are considered secondary canon and is overridden by our primary canon. All members and prospective members are requested to familiarize themselves with our primary canon sources and any items listed in bold.
Primary Canon Sources
- Arizona Universe Timeline
- Virginia Class Specifications – (Includes Block V Specific information, Our Boat’s Armaments, and a cutaway layout.)
- Watch Bill (Schedule) – A schedule of each officer and crew member’s day,
- Battle Stations Assignments – A list of assignments for each of the officer and crew when the ship goes to General Quarters or mans Battle Stations.
- Cantina Yuma Menu – The current monthly menu of food being served by the Culinary Specialists in the Crew’s, Chief’s and Officer’s messes.
- Control Center – Images of a Virginia Class control center and links to articles with images of Virginia class submarines exteriors and interiors.
- Internal Communications Systems – Explanation on how communications work inside of the submarine.
- Personal Communications – How to communicate between family/friends/significant others and the Arizona sailors while underway.
- Shared Berthings – Who sleeps with who aboard Arizona?
- Military Time Zones
- US Government and US Naval Personnel – List of government personnel from the president, cabinet staff, and named support staff.
- United States Coast Guard Investigative Service, Major Crimes Team East – Sister Group of Arizona, Included in Episode 1
External Information Sources
- Communications Circuits
- CNET Virginia Class Article – This article gives a tour of the USS North Carolina a Block I Virginia Class submarine with helpful images.
- General US Submarine Information
- Military One Source – Official source for adjusting to military life and resources for dependents of military members.
- Navy Cyberspace – US Navy Career/Personnel Information (Considered Canon Source)
- Navy Life PNW – Source on US Navy life in the Pacific North West, this link brings you to the page for our homeport.
- Naval Base Kitsap Official Website – Official US Navy Website for the base.
- Seaforces Online Virginia Class Page – A website on US Naval vessels providing unit information and exterior and interior images of each ship. This link is direct to the Virginia Class Fast Attack Submarine page within all active blocks.
- US Navy Commissioned & Warrant Officer Ranks
- US Navy Enlisted/Non-Commissioned Officer Ranks
- US Navy Enlisted Ratings
- Nuclear Submarine Deep Dive – A video series on YouTube by SmarterEveryDay about US Nuclear Powered submarines, specifically the Los Angeles Class USS Toledo. This series includes the Under Ice Exercise in the arctic (ICEX), a tour of Toledo, an overview of the basic crew structure, and even technical info on torpedos, sonar, and more! I highly recommend that every member take a browse through this series but especially watch the video Boarding a US Nuclear Submarine.
- Submarine 101 by Rick Campbell – Author who served on US Navy Submarines (SSBN & SSN) and reached the role of Executive Officer. This website provides a wonderful guide to life on submarines (including the Virginia Class) and has links to his books which are a wonderful source for learning the submarine lingo/life. Submarine 101 the description of submarine life is on his website and free and open use.
- Article on Submarine Corpsman – An article on the medical capabilities of Corpsman on US Navy Submarines.